BA in Computer Science, GPA: 3.2/4.0
• Queens College IEEE Club; Queens Knights Robotics Club; Tech Festival Hackathon Participant 2018, 2019; CUNY Hackathon Participant 2018, 2019, 2020.
• CUNY Hackathon 2019 Top 5 Winner
I am Mohammed Chowdhury, I graduated from Queens College with a Computer Science Degree on 01/01/2020.
I have always been passionate about technology ever since I was young.
I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in tech, so at the age of 12 I started to
fix computers and set up networks in my neighborhood as a side business.
I am currently attending a full-stack Java boot camp to gain more experience as a
software developer. I knew to get a job/internship during these unprecedented times
with the coronavirus bringing the economy to a screeching halt would be a very difficult task.
I have decided to sharpen my skills and build multiple cool projects during this lockdown.
My goal is to land a software engineering job before 2020 ends. I am interested
in a full-stack or a backend position.
Code Path – Android Mobile Bootcamp
• Simple Tweet : Build a simple Twitter client in Java that supports viewing a Twitter timeline and composing a new tweet.
• Flickster : Built a movie app in Java which lets users view a list of movies sourced from the Movie Database API. The user can tap on any list element in order to see more details about the movie selected.
• IMDB Movie Review Classifier, (Natural Language Processing) : Used Python to Preprocesses IMDb movie review bag of words corpus, removed stop words, and lemmatization/stemming. Implemented a Naïve Bayes model from scratch based off the Hidden Markov Model and achieved a model of 82% accuracy.
• Personal Home Server : Currently maintaining a server to learn about web hosting, different operating systems, virtualization, hardware, web hosting, networking, security, etc. (Raspberry Pi).
• Websites : Created a website that utilizes Spotify API to accumulate data about artists. Used Node.js to handle all incoming and outgoing requests.
• Sentio : Build an app android app in Java that analyzes texts using Microsoft Sentiment analysis API for Natural Language Processing. Backed up user data to Googles Firebase. Allows you to understand your own emotions through personal journaling.
The Software Guild (Bootcamp)
Mar 2020 - Current
• The Software Guild is a Java full stack bootcamp.
• The Software Guild coding bootcamp teaches you everything you need to know to enter junior developer roles in the workforce.
• Be involved in the complete software development life-cycle, including working with
the production operations team to prepare and execute releases.
• Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code.
• Proactively work on assigned tasks and task areas and co-ordinate the work effort.
• Develop innovative features that are highly performant, compatible and responsive.
• Deep knowledge of software engineering practices: unit testing, configuration management, and release management.
• Provides technical advice and assists in solving programming problems.
• Ensuring that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for agile software development.
Computer Science Tutor
Sep 2017 - Dec 2020
• Instruct students on facets of Java, Python.
• Teach how to write computer programs, algorithms and programming languages.
• Engaged students in understanding the material and enhance their performance.
• Provided and safe and comfortable environment for students to explore the topics.
• Collaborated with students to help build efficiency and confidence in their work.
IT Technician / Cashier (Citi Field, home field of the New York Mets)
Sep 2017 - Dec 2020
• Provide support to customers on a variety of IT issues by identifying, researching and resolving technical problems
• Support facility infrastructure and network hardware cabling
• Provide on-site support and troubleshooting of network equipment – router, switch, tablets, and computers.
• Greeted customers entering the establishments
• Assisted customers by providing information and resolving their complaints
• Provided an enjoyment and organized system for the customers
Computer Technician (Edison High School)
Sep 2012 - Apr 2015
• Test and repair faulty equipment to systems diagnose malfunctions.
• Applying knowledge of the functional operation of electronic units and systems.
• Study blueprint, schematics, manuals or other specifications to determine installation procedures.
• Maintains equipment logs of performance problems, repairs, calibrations or tests